Call for Contributions, and for Peer Reviewers
Voices Against Torture – VAT journal is a semi-annual journal launched in 2020 as an organic extension of the education, advocacy, and community-building mandate of the Vancouver Association for the Survivors of Torture (VAST). VAT operates in alignment with the values and vision of the VAST community and hopes to further lift the voices of torture survivors to support resilience and dignity.
VAT aims to provide a platform for discussion of torture prevention, improve awareness of and support for refugee and immigrant mental health, and highlight global human rights concerns.
As an interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary journal, VAT invites submissions from a wide range of academic disciplines and actively seeks collaboration and conversation across disciplines. This approach intends to link theory and lived experience to social change, helping to bring together academics, activists, educators, therapists, and healers, and those directly and indirectly affected by torture.
The Journal will consist of the following sections:
- Research Articles (6,000 – 8,000 words) -our first publication is not going to have this section, later publications will.
- Review Essays (<6,000 words)
- Notes from the Field (<4,000 words)
- Policy Review (<3,000 words)
- Creative Interventions and Embodiment Practices (< 3,000 words)
- Book Reviews (1,000 –2,000 words)
- Letters to the editor(s)
- Typed in English language and double spaced
- Font style: Times New Roman and Font Size:12
- Text submissions should contain minimum 1,000 words
- Manuscript only in MS-Word (*.doc or *.docx) format
- Image files (if any) in .jpg format, 300dpi.
- References/bibliography need to be numbered if provided with the article.
- Follow APA 7th referencing and citation style consistently.
- Tables and figures should be inserted within the body of the text.
Expression of Interest for Peer Reviewers:
Voices Against Torture journal invites experienced peer reviewers in the area of human rights and torture to join the Journal’s peer review panel. Since the promotion of the cause of human rights is a public good, we encourage volunteers to join the panel. Their contribution in this regard shall be formally acknowledged.
To register your interest, kindly send your detailed CV along with your expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The editor, however, retains the right to suggest any change in style, if required.
Date of Publishing: September 30th., 2021
Acceptance Notification: TBA
Submissions open: Ongoing
Submissions close June 30th., 2021
Please send your manuscript to the editor at email@example.com
With Warm Regards,
Editorial Board Members, VAT Journal